About the village / town Dvorníky

Location: The village is located in the southwestern part of Nitrianska pahorkatina in valley of stream Jarč. The village is located 10 km south of Hlohovec.

The first written record is from 1247.

The Origin of the village name: In 1247 Vduornuc, in 1773 Udvarnok, in 1923 Uďvarnok, in 1927 Dvorníky.

History of the village: Remains of settlements from the Neolithic, Bronze Age, older and younger Iron Age and from Roman period have been found in the village. Old Hungarian burial of 10th century is the archaeological site as well. In the mid-13th century the village belonged to Castle of Nitra and then to estate of Hlohovec. The village and its surroundings are very famous for vineyard and production of quality wines.
 
  Mailing address
Obecný úrad Dvorníky
Dvorníky, č. 428
920 56 Dvorníky
 
  Contact