About the village / town Horné Zelenice

Location: The village is situated in the southern part of the Danube plain between the rivers Váh and Dudváh. It is located 7 km southwest of the city Hlohovec.

The first written record is from 1244.

Origin of the village name: In 1244 - Zela, in. 1773 Felső - Zéla, Ober Zelenitz, Horne Zelenicze, in 1920 Upper Zelenice. In the years 1980-1990 were village Upper Zelenice and Zelenice merged into one municipality Zelenice.

History of the village: The first known owner of the village were in 1244 Hunt-Poznan family. Since 1400 the village belonged to the Hlohovec county and later was sequentially in the hands of more feudal families - Sipekyovci, Rudnyovci, Zayovci, Ocskayovci, Brunswickovci and others. At the turn of the 18th and 19 century, the town became an important center of evangelical religious and cultural community, which has become a kind catchment area for the whole region. Location close to the river Vah caused frequent flooding.

 
  Mailing address
Obecný úrad Horné Zelenice
Horné Zelenice č. 14
920 52 Siladice
 
  Contact

Mayor: Mgr. Viera Darivčaková
tel.
: 033 7445259
email: hzhornezelenice@gmail.com
web:
http://horne.zelenice.sk