About the village / town Jalšové

Location: The village is situated at the junction of the southern tip of Považský inovec and tips of Danubian plain. The village is located 9 kilometers north-northeast of Hlohovec.

The first written record is from 1352.

The Origin of the village name: In 1352 Wlseu, in 1356 Jelsew, in 1453 Jalswa, in 1773 Jalso, Jalschowe, in 1927 Jalšové.

History of the village: Although the first written mention of the village dates back to the mid 14th century, its origin must be dated earlier. This is proved by evidence of the remains of the rotunda from the first half of the13th century. During this period, the village belonged to gentry Hlohovec.

 
  Mailing address
Obecný úrad Jalšové
Jalšové č. 148
922 31 Jalšové
 
  Contact
Mayor: Emília Živčáková

tel.: 033 733 00 65
email: obec.jalsove@mail.t-com.sk