About the village / town Kľačany

Location: The village is located in the southwestern part of the Nitra hills in the valley of the stream Andač. The village is located 8 km southeast of the city Hlohovec.

The first written record is from 1256.

The Origin of the village name: In 1256 Kelechent, in 1297 Kelechen, in 1773 Kelecsény, Klatzany, in 1920 Kľačany.

History of the village: The village has many foundings  of the cemetery from the Great Moravian period. In the mid-13th century the village belonged to the gentry from Hlohovec. In 1296, it was acquired by Aba, after him by Forgach and from 1720 it belongs to Erdődy family.

 
  Mailing address

Obecný úrad Kľačany
Kľačany č. 211
920 64 Kľačany

 
  Contact

Mayor: Ing. Emília Cvíčelová

tel.: 033 744 32 00
web: www.obec-klacany.sk