About the village / town Madunice

Location: The village is situated in the southern tip of Považský Inovec on the wide alluvial plain between Váh and Dudváh rivers. The village is located 9 km north of Hlohovec.

The first written record is from 1113.

The Origin of the village name: In 1113 Medenz, in 1773 Madunicz, Madunitze, in 1900 Vágmedence, in 1920 Madunice.

History of the village: The area of the village was inhabited in the Neolithic and Roman times. At the beginning of 12th century the village belonged to the Zobor monastery. Later the village was owned by noble families from Hlohovec. During the reign of Erdődy family Mr. Jan Holly a significant person of national movement, worked and lived here almost thirty years.
 
  Mailing address
Obecný úrad Madunice
P.O. Hviezdoslava 8
922 42 Madunice
 
  Contact
Mayor: Mgr. Alena Jelušová

tel.
: 033 7431123
email:
madunice@madunice.sk
web:
www.madunice.sk