About the village / town Ratkovce

Location: The village is situated on the eastern edge of Trnava upland in contact with floodplains of rivers Dudváh and Vah. The village is located 9 km northwest of Hlohovec.

The first written record is from 1388.

The Origin of the village name: in 1388 Ratkolch, in 1773 Rattkocz, Rattkowetz, Rattkowcte, in 1873 Ratkóc, in 1920 Ratkovce. Between 1974 - 1990 the village was affiliated to the village Žlkovce.

History of the village: The archaeological findings prove the presence of Neolithic culture settlements, the Bronze Age, Iron Age also Great Moravian settlements. The village is mentioned as accessory of Čachtice estate in 1388. In the following period, the village was the property of the Trnava rectory and later Trnava canonry. The village suffered by diseases, fires and floods (the biggest in 1813) several times.

 
  Mailing address
Obecný úrad Ratkovce
Ratkovce č. 97
920 42 Červeník
 
  Contact
Mayor: Ing. Martin Červenka

tel.: 033 74 34176, 0917 999 038
email: ouratkovce@ratkovce.sk
web: www.ratkovce.sk